Nowadays, most people know about recycling and engage with it to some degree, but many of us still either throw away or store old and unused electronics, simply because we don’t know what to do with them. But, there is an alternative: Feeding the unwanted electronics to ecoATM. Not dissimilar to a regular ATM, the ecoATM with eject cash in return for your unwanted device(s). It’s a great way to recycle your e-waste and earn money in the process!

Death to all electronic waste (e-waste)! Only in a world where everyone worked together to combat e-waste would this be possible. With limited knowledge of how to rid ourselves properly of worn out electronics the wish to kill e-waste is even more elusive as a staggering amount is still produced every single day.

In terms of numbers, the U.S. alone disposes of more than 384 million units of e-waste each year, and less than 20 percent of that is recycled, according to the Electronics TakeBack Coalition. The remaining 80 percent is burned or dumped in landfills, leaking toxic substances like mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic and beryllium into the environment.

There is a huge need for proper riddance of e-waste and ABI Research expects the worldwide market for e-waste recovery to reach nearly $15 billion by the end of 2014, up from less than $6 billion in 2009.

It seems that many companies are figuring out how to make money off of e-waste, but most of them are focusing on large-scale B2B endeavors and this is all truly great. However, this does not help you and me rid ourselves properly of our e-waste, and it therefore often ends up in a electronics cemetery-like drawer in our home or goes right in the trash along with everything else. People generally want to do the right thing but we don’t always know what that is. Often, this is the case with old electronics, which is why we sometimes do the wrong things.

However, some people are just too lazy to actually go dump their stuff at the right place. Those people need an incentive to do the right thing. ecoATM has recognized this. The ecoATM is an automated; consumer self-serve kiosk that quickly evaluates and buys back used consumer electronics directly from consumers for cash. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete.

ecoATM is the first and only company to create an automated self-serve kiosk system that uses patented, advanced machine vision, electronic diagnostics, and artificial intelligence to evaluate and buy-back used electronics directly from consumers for cash or store credit.

Almost all consumer electronics (mobile phones, computers, monitors, printers, etc.) contain toxic materials such as lead, mercury, arsenic and a broad variety of other materials that pose a threat to the environment and our health. The first and best thing we can do is to extend the life of existing devices as long as possible so that there is no need to build new devices to take their place.

The ecoATM simplifies and rewards recycling of your electrical devices. It will examine any device and then search for the highest price it can find in the worldwide market.

ecoATMs are able to find a second life for approximately 60% of the devices they collect. For the 40% of devices that ecoATM collects which it cannot find a second life, ecoATM partners with the best e-waste reclamation facilities in the world to ensure those materials, particularly the precious metals, are reclaimed and reused in place of mining new materials and precious metals from the Earth.

Share on LinkedInTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookGoogle+Pin on PinterestShare on Reddit